Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.outlook.vba,microsoft.public.outlook.proram_vba

Default Sending Appointments via Outlook

Can anyone offer some help here? My code generates the proper
appointment entry in Outlook (from Excel) but will not send it out to
the recipient. I've included the problem code snippet below. Really
appreciate any help! Thanks!

[snippet]
For n = 1 To ACChangeCount
With OutlookApp.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem)
.Subject = "`AC Change Multiple""
.Start = ACScheduledStart(n)
.End = ACScheduledEnd(n)
.ReminderMinutesBeforeStart = 15
.ReminderSet = True

If ACFYI(n) = True Then
.Location = "FYI ONLY"
Else
.Location = "Operations Performs Change"
End If

.Recipients.Add ")
.Recipients.ResolveAll
.Send
End With
Next n

Set OutlookApp = Nothing

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.outlook.vba,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Does it help if you set .MeetingStatus = olMeeting?

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.outlook.vba,microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Unfortunately, no. It records it fine in my calendar and appears to
be sending it out via Outlook. However, examining the appointment in
Outlook indicates that invitations have not been sent. :^(

Paul

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:49:11 -0400, "Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]"
wrote:

Does it help if you set .MeetingStatus = olMeeting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is some VBA I use in Access to call Outlook objects, you might b
able to play around with it and get it to work by changing the fiel
references to Cell references:
Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem
Dim strsql As String
Dim strMail As String

Set objMail = Outlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

objMail.To = "Your recipient" 'or a cell reference

objMail.CC = "
objMail.Subject = "Your Sub ject here"
strMail = "Your long comments or what you want to appear in th
body."
objMail.Body = strMail
'objMail.Attachments.Add ("C:\YourFolder\Your Attachment.xls")

objMail.Display
'objMail.Send

You could comment out any lones that don't applay at first and easil
create a new message.
HT