Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default value vs. formula

I have a worksheet inwhich I am pulling information from
another worksheet. I have copied the formulas into the
first 500 rows of the receiving worksheet.

=IF(worksheet1!K2<"",worksheet1!K2,"")

Now I would like to do some verification check to if this
column has a value. Is there away to check if the cell
contains a value or formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
you may try the following UDF (put in a module of your workbook)

Function is_formula(rng As Range)
is_formula = rng.HasFormula
End Function

use it like
=IS_FORMULA(A2)

Note: not much error checking included (e.g. multiple cells as range
parameter, array formulas, etc.).

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Pablo wrote:
I have a worksheet inwhich I am pulling information from
another worksheet. I have copied the formulas into the
first 500 rows of the receiving worksheet.

=IF(worksheet1!K2<"",worksheet1!K2,"")

Now I would like to do some verification check to if this
column has a value. Is there away to check if the cell
contains a value or formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This might help as well. You can also use the CTRL + ` function. This will
put you in forumula auditing mode. You will see a value for the cells with
values and formula for the cells with formulas