Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default worksheet synchronisation and other one

MY PROBLEM WAS
(1) TO NOT ACCEPT DUPLICATE VALUES IN ROW H & I
I.E -H- has bank account number and I has cheque number
SHOULD ACCEPT CHEQUE NUMBER ACCOUNT NUMBER
121 3148
121 3149
SHOULD NOT ACCEPT CHEQUE NUMBER ACCOUNT NUMBER
121 3148
121 3148
AND THE WAY WAS DONE WAS
and the suggestion I got from this list was
-select the H & I column
-go to the Data-validation-"custom" in ALLOW drop down box
-enter the following formula in the Formula box:
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$50,A1)=1
This worked when I applied

##########ALSO #################
In COLUMN -I- no value should be accepted if value in cell corresponding
to that row in column -D- is empty/contains no value that is not in a
particular list.
and the suggestion I got from this list was
try the following:
- Assumptions: A1:A10 stores your list of supplieres
- select cell I3
- goto 'Data - Validation - Custom'
enter the formula
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,D4)0
- uncheck 'ignore blank cells' in this dialog
This also worked when I applied

But how can I include both of this formulas in the same
box-DATA-VALIDATION-custom in Allow-FORMULA
Show me some way so that I could add both this validations for the entry
in data -calidation box only as entering it in the cell will make it
prone to be deleted.
###############ANOTHER PROBLEM####################
In other worksheet named SUPPLIER(in that same workbook)
the details of credit period that supplier gives to us and
the discount it gives is mentioned.
Now in this worksheet named PURCHASE whenever I make entry of that
supplier the corresponding values of credit period it gives and teh
discount it gives should be displayed. I also want to do that..

Zohar

*** Sent via Developersdex
http://www.developersdex.com ***
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
try
=(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$10,D4)0)*(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$50,A1 )=1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel