Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Non synchronisation in split screens in Microsoft Excel

Lotus 123 has the ability to split a worksheet in two, similar to Microsoft
Excel, but in Lotus 123 you have the ability to scroll down one side whilst
the other side remains stationary. Can you do that in Microsoft Excel and if
so how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See if opening a new window of the same sheet is what you're looking for.

From the Menu Bar:
<Window <New Window
You'll now see a "2" appended to the end of your WB name in the Title Bar,
meaning you have 2 windows open.
You could repeat the process and open however many windows you might wish to
use.
These windows could be of different sheets or WBs.

NOW, again from the Menu Bar:
<Window <Arrange
which gives you a dialog box so that you can choose a configuration.

Each window can be manipulated individually.

Don't forget to close the windows before you <Save, or the WB will retain
them all, and display them when next you open the file.

Easiest way to close them is
<Ctrl < W
repeated if necessary, until you don't see any more numbers appended to the
name in the Title Bar.

--
HTH,

RD

"Normek" wrote in message
Lotus 123 has the ability to split a worksheet in two, similar to

Microsoft
Excel, but in Lotus 123 you have the ability to scroll down one side

whilst
the other side remains stationary. Can you do that in Microsoft Excel and

if
so how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Raqdyer. That worked fine. Except I saved the document with both
windows open and they opened next time I reopened the workbook, which is just
what I wanted.

Thanks also to Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB) I have used your solution in
excel 97 in placing the graph of the data at the top of the page. But many of
my documents are linked to this one and I would have had to reextablish the
links again. With Raqdyer's solution the graph is at the side of the data as
it was in my lotus123 document and I don't have to reestablish the links.