Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Row Select

Hello

I have a spreadsheet where the first 15 rows are blank and then my data starts. I have freeze panes on
I want to display information from the current row that has the cursor

For example: My cursor is on row 21, I want to display the data from that row, say cell AD21 in cell A2
I think I just need the syntax to display the current ro
range("A2").value = ???? current row

Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may be looking for:

Range("A2") = ActiveCell

--

Vasant

"Syr Doug" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet where the first 15 rows are blank and then my data

starts. I have freeze panes on.
I want to display information from the current row that has the cursor.

For example: My cursor is on row 21, I want to display the data from that

row, say cell AD21 in cell A2.
I think I just need the syntax to display the current row
range("A2").value = ???? current row

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply, not quite. I know about Active Cell. I need more the current row

This will be pretty much static

Cell A1 = I will need the data value of the AD + currentro
Cell B1 = I will need the data value of the AE + currentro
Cell A2 = I will need the data value o fhte AF + currentro

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Syr Doug" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply, not quite. I know about Active Cell. I need more

the current row

This will be pretty much static.

Cell A1 = I will need the data value of the AD + currentrow
Cell B1 = I will need the data value of the AE + currentrow
Cell A2 = I will need the data value o fhte AF + currentrow

you mean something like ActiveCell.Row so maybe
[A1].Value = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 30) '30 is column AD
[B1].Value = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 31) '30 is column AE
[A2].Value = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 31) '30 is column AF

Paul D

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul

Exactly what I was looking for.