Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Saving to Removable storage

ok, since a userform macro that i've made recently cuts down a lot o
manual processes at the office and moves everything to a totall
electronic format, i've been told that I need to make sure that there'
always a back up in case something happens, so I've decided to add t
the userform, telling it to save to a removable storage device, th
thing is, since it's removable and often swapped between 2 pc's, wha
can I add to the macro to tell it, if this drive is present, save th
file there.

It's been the case with vba when i've tried to open workbooks i
folders that don't exist to just ignore it, and not give me an error
but i don't know if it'll do the same thing when trying to save

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not try it

On Error Resume Next
ActiveWorkbook.SavecopyAs "J:\myfolder\myfiles.xls"
On Error goto 0

Tom Ogilvy

"abxy " wrote in message
ok, since a userform macro that i've made recently cuts down a lot of
manual processes at the office and moves everything to a totally
electronic format, i've been told that I need to make sure that there's
always a back up in case something happens, so I've decided to add to
the userform, telling it to save to a removable storage device, the
thing is, since it's removable and often swapped between 2 pc's, what
can I add to the macro to tell it, if this drive is present, save the
file there.

It's been the case with vba when i've tried to open workbooks in
folders that don't exist to just ignore it, and not give me an error,
but i don't know if it'll do the same thing when trying to save.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i could smack myself for not thinking of that...now seriously, wh
couldn't i think of that simple solution...anyhoo, thanks Tom, my onl
regret is that i wasted valuable forum space with this...but, i jus
hope it can be useful to someone else in the future

thanks mate