Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveCell.Formula Syntax

This will be a no-brainer for most, but I am stumped.

I am trying to have an ActiveCell.Formula that will spit out th
following:

The macro goes off to a cell that contains a mortgage number and the
stores the Cell Address as X.

Then it goes off to another cell and is supposed to say:
ActiveCell.Formula = "=Mortgage Number: " and then X, so that it refer
to that first active cell's address.

Here's what I have so far:
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=""Mortgage Number: """

I've tried ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = X, and that displays the address o
the first cell as the contents, which is fine, but I need to includ
the constant "="MortgageNumber: "" in front of that.

Hope that makes sense.

Thx