Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Calc

Hello Group,

What is the equivalent of Calc (F9) in VBA ?

My application has a lot of complex array entered formulas
so I keep the calculation set as manual.

When new data values are entered and the database sorted,
I would like to do a recalculation so the array formaulas can be
updated.

Thanks,

Michael Singmin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
application.calculate

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Michael Singmin wrote:
Hello Group,

What is the equivalent of Calc (F9) in VBA ?

My application has a lot of complex array entered formulas
so I keep the calculation set as manual.

When new data values are entered and the database sorted,
I would like to do a recalculation so the array formaulas can be
updated.

Thanks,

Michael Singmin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Michael,

Is your work in VBA. If so, doesn't reseting the calculation mode

Application.Calculation= xlCalculationAutomatic

automatically recalculate for you

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Michael Singmin" wrote in message
Hello Group,

What is the equivalent of Calc (F9) in VBA ?

My application has a lot of complex array entered formulas
so I keep the calculation set as manual.

When new data values are entered and the database sorted,
I would like to do a recalculation so the array formaulas can be
updated.

Thanks,

Michael Singmin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Michael

Adding to the others; there are a few levels of this. If your app is Very Big then you may
want to calculate as little as possible to speed it up.

Sub CalcStuff()
Range("B1").Calculate
Rows(1).Calculate
Columns(2).Calculate
Sheets(1).Calculate
Application.Calculate
End Sub

There are keystroke equivalents for most of this too, mumbo-jumbo-F9 rituals that I never
remember the flavors of.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Michael Singmin" wrote in message
Hello Group,

What is the equivalent of Calc (F9) in VBA ?

My application has a lot of complex array entered formulas
so I keep the calculation set as manual.

When new data values are entered and the database sorted,
I would like to do a recalculation so the array formaulas can be
updated.

Thanks,

Michael Singmin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to all of you,

The application.calculate works for my project.

The other ideas will come in very useful in the future.

Michael

Michael Singmin wrote:

Hello Group,

What is the equivalent of Calc (F9) in VBA ?

My application has a lot of complex array entered formulas
so I keep the calculation set as manual.

When new data values are entered and the database sorted,
I would like to do a recalculation so the array formaulas can be
updated.

Thanks,

Michael Singmin

Calc = Manual & Do Not Calc b/4 SAVE Ken Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 October 3rd 07 02:28 PM
Calc DStore Excel Worksheet Functions 2 September 21st 07 06:22 PM
My calc key on Excel changes box to "Text" Box and doesn't calc ? jack Charts and Charting in Excel 0 August 8th 06 07:30 PM
auto calc on, but have to edit (f2) cells to force re-calc..help! Curt Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 13th 06 06:05 PM
Re-Calc Jerry[_16_] Excel Programming 3 January 15th 04 11:08 PM