Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Label plotted on graph area

I have some graphs where some of the y values are negative. Hence zero is halway up the graph (as one woul expect)
The x axis labels are being plotterd by default under the zero, however this means they are on the graph plot itself making the values difficult to read

How do I force the labels to be arranged below the graph itself (like where you would expect to see them and why does it want to plot them, on the graph with this type o data

Dave
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave,

the default setting is for the X-axis to cross the Y-axis
at 0. To override this, and display the X values below the
graph, right click on the Y-axis, select "Format axis",
click the "scale" tab. You will see that: "Category (X)
axis crosses at:" is set to zero. Change the zero to
whatever the lowest value on your Y-axis is and OK. The X-
Axis labels will now be displayed below the chart.

However, you will no longer have a nice, easily
distinguished line at 0 on the Y-axis. If this bothers
you, have a look at Jon Peltier's method for adding a
dummy series into the chart.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...orzSeries.html

Cheers, Pete.

I have some graphs where some of the y values are

negative. Hence zero is halway up the graph (as one woul
expect).
The x axis labels are being plotterd by default under the

zero, however this means they are on the graph plot itself
making the values difficult to read.

How do I force the labels to be arranged below the graph

itself (like where you would expect to see them and why
does it want to plot them, on the graph with this type o
data?

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Peter

In a convoluted way this solved my problem. Actually this is controlled by the CrossesAt property so as long as i set this based on my series i9t will solve my question

Thanks