Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filtering of dates

Hi

I am stuck up with this problem. Scenario is, I have range of date values in columns A and B of excel. I have a criteria range being another set of date values. The condition to match is that the date values in corresponding rows of A and B must be inbetween any of the values specified by the criteria range. I want to color those corresponding row values of A and B which is in between any of criteria range values. Can it be done using Advanced filter in one go or should I go for AutoFilter to loop through all the criteria values and input date values of A and B respectively

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated

Amar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Amar
if your criteria dates are in cells C1 and D1 try the following
- select your cells in column A + B and goto 'Format - conditional
Format'. enter the following formula:
=AND($A1$C$1,$A1<$D$1,$B1$C$1,$A1<$B$1)
- choose your format

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

amar wrote:
Hi,

I am stuck up with this problem. Scenario is, I have range of date
values in columns A and B of excel. I have a criteria range being
another set of date values. The condition to match is that the date
values in corresponding rows of A and B must be inbetween any of the
values specified by the criteria range. I want to color those
corresponding row values of A and B which is in between any of
criteria range values. Can it be done using Advanced filter in one go
or should I go for AutoFilter to loop through all the criteria values
and input date values of A and B respectively.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated,

Amar

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Should be able to use either approach, although if there are a lot of dates
ranges in the criteria, it might be just as easy to loop through the data
and check each row.

Tom Ogilvy