Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KJ KJ is offline

Default filtering dates

Excel 2000
I have a list of various dates from various years.
Type 7/3/2000 the cell shows "July 3, 2000"
Again I have various years involved... I can't figure out how to filter or
autofilter so that I get a list of dates that fall in the month of July.
Regardless of the year I want July of 2005 and July of 1990.
Can anyone help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd use another column of cells with formulas like:

=text(a2,"mmmm")

And filter by that.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

example:

A B
1 07/03/2000
2 17/07/2001
3 20/07/1990

put the formula: =month(A1) in the cell B1 and copy drag the formula in
column B to where ever your data is then sort your data based on column B so
then you can find all july data together.

Thanks & Happy New Year,

Farhad
--
Farhad Hodjat

"KJ" wrote:

Excel 2000
I have a list of various dates from various years.
Type 7/3/2000 the cell shows "July 3, 2000"
Again I have various years involved... I can't figure out how to filter or
autofilter so that I get a list of dates that fall in the month of July.
Regardless of the year I want July of 2005 and July of 1990.
Can anyone help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another option is to install EasyFilter
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

You can do it without the helper column then

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm