Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update Data Field in Pivot Table with Dynamic Excel Range

I have a pivot table that is linked to a dynamic range. The range has
three constant columns with fields called "Date", "Year" and "Quarter"
in cells A1, A2 A3. Cells A4 - IV4 are called Seed 1, Seed2, Seeed 3
etc. These vary based on the data dumped into the range. When I
update the sheet its the columns from A4-IV4 that get updated with the
corresponding data beneath them. So one run may have Seed 1-4 another
may have Seed1 to 150. This is contrained by the number of columns in
the spreadsheet.

I have set up the pivot table to havee "Quarter" in the Row Field and
"Seed" in the Data Field

So when I update the range with new data, the pivot table does not
incorporate the new Seed information from my columns in the original
range into the pivot table. When I go to the Wizard, it shows my new
Seed fields off to the right of the table. So the table recognizes the
new column in my dynaimc range, but it does not dump this into the Data
Field in the table.

How do I make sure that all new columns from A4-IV4 are recongized and
dumped into the Data Field in the pivot table?

Thanks

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry. Just realized the original post did not make sense.

I have a pivot table that is linked to a dynamic range. The range ha
three constant columns with fields called "Date", "Year" and "Quarter
in cells A1, B1 C1. Cells D1 - IV1 are called Seed 1, Seed2, Seeed
etc. These vary based on the data dumped into the range. When I updat
the sheet its the columns from A1-IV1 that get updated with th
corresponding data beneath them. So one run may have Seed 1-4 anothe
may have Seed1 to 150. This is contrained by the number of columns i
the spreadsheet.

I have set up the pivot table to havee "Quarter" in the Row Field an
"Seed" in the Data Field

So when I update the range with new data, the pivot table does no
incorporate the new Seed information from my columns in the origina
range into the pivot table. When I go to the Wizard, it shows my ne
Seed fields off to the right of the table. So the table recognizes th
new column in my dynaimc range, but it does not dump this into the Dat
Field in the table.

How do I make sure that all new columns from D1-IV1 are recongized an