Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Missing: Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects Recordset 2.7 Library

I'm using Office 2000
I wrote a program at home using an ADO. In my recordset
I'm using adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText.

Everything worked fine from home. When I wrote the
program to CD and put it on my office computer, I now get
the message:
"Compile error"
"Can't find project or library." and adOpenKeyset is
highlighted.

When I go to the References, I find that I am missing the
Microsoft ActiveX Data Opjects Recordset 2.7 Library.

My question is, can anyone tell me if I can download this
reference from the Internet somewhere. Thank you in
advance for any suggestions you have.

Debi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Debi,

You need to install the latest version of MDAC from MS, 2.8.

It's actually quite difficult to find on the MS site. After you install it
you might want to run a windows update since there have been a couple of
security patches since this was released I believe.

Since there are so many different versions of the ADO library out there,
once you have installed it, you might also want to try using late binding to
ensure that your code runs on other machines.

There's an example of doing this in the file for download he

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...tyleMapper.htm

Robin Hammond

"Debi" wrote in message
I'm using Office 2000
I wrote a program at home using an ADO. In my recordset
I'm using adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic, adCmdText.

Everything worked fine from home. When I wrote the
program to CD and put it on my office computer, I now get
the message:
"Compile error"
"Can't find project or library." and adOpenKeyset is
highlighted.

When I go to the References, I find that I am missing the
Microsoft ActiveX Data Opjects Recordset 2.7 Library.

My question is, can anyone tell me if I can download this
reference from the Internet somewhere. Thank you in
advance for any suggestions you have.

Debi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Robin. I've downloaded the files and will take a
look at the ExcelStyleMapp

Debi
You need to install the latest version of MDAC from MS,

2.8.

It's actually quite difficult to find on the MS site.

After you install it
you might want to run a windows update since there have

been a couple of
security patches since this was released I believe.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?

FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-
185d0506396c&DisplayLang=en

Since there are so many different versions of the ADO

library out there,
once you have installed it, you might also want to try

using late binding to
ensure that your code runs on other machines.

There's an example of doing this in the file for download

he

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...ExcelStyleMapp

er.htm

Robin Hammond