Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to put excel macros in a 'global' place.

Hi,

I wrote some excel macros that need to be stored in a 'global place'
accessable from multiple workbooks.
I put them in an .xls, created an .xla and put that in the addin list, but
I can't call the included public defined macros.
(I want to call the macros using a workbook button!)

How to solve this?
or
What is a better solution?

Regards Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

An addin can be made to work if you learn all the necessary steps. I don't
know them off the top of my head, but the easiest thing to do is put them in
your Personal.xls workbook

"Peter van de Kerkhof" wrote in message

I wrote some excel macros that need to be stored in a 'global place'
accessable from multiple workbooks.
I put them in an .xls, created an .xla and put that in the addin list,

but
I can't call the included public defined macros.
(I want to call the macros using a workbook button!)

How to solve this?
or
What is a better solution?

Regards Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Run "Bookname.xla!MacroName"
for macros located outside a project.

Or set a reference to the xla workbook in the other book's Tools -
References in the vbe. Then the macro is callable as if it were in that
project.

"Peter van de Kerkhof" wrote in message

I wrote some excel macros that need to be stored in a 'global place'
accessable from multiple workbooks.
I put them in an .xls, created an .xla and put that in the addin list,

but
I can't call the included public defined macros.
(I want to call the macros using a workbook button!)

How to solve this?
or
What is a better solution?

Regards Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tim,

This doesn't seem to work for me.

Created the xla put is in the addin list
but macro no 'visible'
Even: Run "Bookname.xla!MacroName" didn't work

Putting the 'lib.xls" file in XLstart folder of msoffice doesn't do the
trick.
(it loads the file, but no macro visible!)

it twice

"Tim Zych" schreef in bericht
Run "Bookname.xla!MacroName"
for macros located outside a project.

Or set a reference to the xla workbook in the other book's Tools -
References in the vbe. Then the macro is callable as if it were in that
project.

"Peter van de Kerkhof" wrote in message

I wrote some excel macros that need to be stored in a 'global place'
accessable from multiple workbooks.
I put them in an .xls, created an .xla and put that in the addin list,

but
I can't call the included public defined macros.
(I want to call the macros using a workbook button!)

How to solve this?
or
What is a better solution?

Regards Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Created the xla put is in the addin list
but macro no 'visible'

That's right. It will not be visible in the macro dialog,
but it is available to run.

For sure the approach works. The addin must be loaded.
What is the name of the addin and the macro name?

Created the xla put is in the addin list
but macro no 'visible'
Even: Run "Bookname.xla!MacroName" didn't work

Putting the 'lib.xls" file in XLstart folder of msoffice

doesn't do the
trick.
(it loads the file, but no macro visible!)

because it tries to load

--

.