Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Modify text file before import to Excel

Hi,

New to this Excel programming. Any help would be highly appreciated.

For my case, I want to modified a line of text in a text file befor
import to excel. Example, a text file contain this line.

&Age=20&Address= 1%20Earl%20Street&Country=Australia

Now I want to remove these words, "Name=", "Email=", "Age=", "Address=
and "Country=", from this text file using macro (VB) before importin
it. Any guideline?

My text file only contain one line, if you notice, this is actually th
ATT file return by HTML form.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just import the file and use the change command in Excel? You can
record the macro of those actions and it is a lot simplier.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
http://www.add-ins.com

"HappyDevil24 " wrote in
message ...
Hi,

New to this Excel programming. Any help would be highly appreciated.

For my case, I want to modified a line of text in a text file before
import to excel. Example, a text file contain this line.

&Age=20&Address= 1%20Earl%20Street&Country=
Australia

Now I want to remove these words, "Name=", "Email=", "Age=", "Address="
and "Country=", from this text file using macro (VB) before importing
it. Any guideline?

My text file only contain one line, if you notice, this is actually the
ATT file return by HTML form.

Thanks in advance.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the advise. But I am new to excel, any example, where can
get this replace and change command?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, btw, my excel file might need to update daily so every line in th
text file will be one new row in this excel file.

Thanks guys for the help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Edit|Replace
(or ctrl-H)

"HappyDevil24 <" wrote:

Thanks for the advise. But I am new to excel, any example, where can I
get this replace and change command?

Thanks.

---

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A big THANKS to all you guys :) It's alive!!! ;