Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening or modifying multiple workbooks with same filename

I previously wrote a small excel VBA program that compares the data in up to 5 different parameter matrixes and highlight the ones that differed

To do this I open all the files, I couldn't find any other way to do it

The problem lies in that many of these files are in different folders to identify the station, but have the same filename. I can't really change the filename because other programs use these files

My question is, can I open multiple workbooks with the same filename, or perhaps highlight these cells without having to directly open the workbooks

Thanks in advance

Matt Lawso

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Matt Lawson" wrote in message

My question is, can I open multiple workbooks with the same filename, or

perhaps highlight these cells without having to directly open the workbooks?

Sadly, I think not.

--

Vasant

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have a look at

http://tinyurl.com/2d8te

http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sqlrequest.html

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1.use get external data and import into
sheet2,sheet3,etc...
2.importing 1st file
3.before import the other file,check if data imported into
sheet2;
4.otherwise import to sheet3
5. repeat step 3,4 to import others