Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save As in VBA

I want to put a Save AS button on a worksheet that will open the Windows
SaveAs dialog box so the user can select the path to where he wants the
worksheet saved. An inputbox will ask for the new file name prior to
opening the SaveAs dialog box.

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Rob for the help and another great resource to add to my list.
I have been using the GetSaveAsFilename but so far the file is never
actually saved. I know I'm doing something wrong but your reply at least
tells me I am using hte correct command.

Thanks

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have used the same approach to saving. However, the file actually doe
save, just not with the name I specified. I noticed the name I pas
into the GetSaveAsFileName method appears in quotes, I do not know i
this is something I need to change.

Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It something you are using now doesn't work or doesn't work as expected,
then change is definitely an option.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ripan " wrote in message
I have used the same approach to saving. However, the file actually does
save, just not with the name I specified. I noticed the name I pass
into the GetSaveAsFileName method appears in quotes, I do not know if
this is something I need to change.

Any ideas?

---