Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Intranet Link to excel file

Hi,

I have a small worksheet that I share over the company intranet. Ther
is code in the workbook that, on open, opens another sheet in th
background to update certain cells. It had been opening fine via th
link. Now the IE error - cannot find page... check network settings..
is displayed. Also, if I click the link again I get the dialog bo
saying that the workbook is already being edited and that I can onl
open in read only. When I click okay to open read only I still get th
IE cannot find page error.

I'm running Win NT, and excel '97 but the file is accessed by employee
using various versions of Windows and Excel.

There is code in the workbook that, on open, opens another sheet i
the background to update certain cells.

The sheet opens fine through the explorer window and through excel.
However the users will be accessing over the intranet.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jef