Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default inserting check boxes from a macro

I need to mark certain random rows on my spreadsheet to show that the
are important and that they need to look at another page to get mor
information about it.

Is there a way to insert a check box onto an excel spreadsheet by usin
code in my macro. What I want to happen is when they click on
control button a check box will appear in a column in the row that i
important.

Is this possible?

Thank you
Morr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Turn on the macro recorder and place a checkbox on the worksheet. Turn off
the macro recorder. That will give you the code for placing a checkbox on
the worksheet. You can add that to the code for your control button with
appropriate modifications.

Tom Ogilvy

"morry " wrote in message
I need to mark certain random rows on my spreadsheet to show that they
are important and that they need to look at another page to get more
information about it.

Is there a way to insert a check box onto an excel spreadsheet by using
code in my macro. What I want to happen is when they click on a
control button a check box will appear in a column in the row that is
important.

Is this possible?

Thank you
Morry

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Morry,

This is not exacftly what you want, but I have posted a previous solution
that puts a tick in a cell. It is worksheet change event driven, but you
could adapt it to you 'important' criteria http://tinyurl.com/sbur

--

HTH

Bob Phillips