Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combo box

Hi,
I have made an Invoice in Excel, and I would like to make this file easier
for using, for example, choosing the name of company, services, and other
items using combo box, ..my idea was not using much VBA code, but using
Excel formulas.
Anyway, is it possible someone to send me a simple example, or maybe useful
links where I can learn more about using forms in Excel.
Th in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Emilija;

Use Data Validation.
You can let users choose what input they may have by selecting a range of
cells by applying data validation to that range of cells.

In the menu choose : Data | Validation

In the dialogbox that is shown you can select all of your needs to do so.
Choose "List" in the Validation Criteria under the Allow label.
In that case is it handy if you create a list of services on another
worksheet.
Give that list a name (Services for instance) and refer to that name.

Succes;

Mark.

More Excel ? www.rosenkrantz.nl or

"emilija" wrote in message
I have made an Invoice in Excel, and I would like to make this file easier
for using, for example, choosing the name of company, services, and other
items using combo box, ..my idea was not using much VBA code, but using
Excel formulas.
Anyway, is it possible someone to send me a simple example, or maybe

useful
links where I can learn more about using forms in Excel.
Th in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tx, but my idea was, no to limited users what to choose, but gave him an
opportunities, to choose (by selecting, and confirming with enter or
something) an item from some list let say entered on some other place

Emilija