Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pop-up menu with valid values

Hello!

I am trying to configure a Excel cell to allow the user
to input only a set of valid values.

For example, the cell should contains only RED, YELLOW and BLUE.
I would like that the end user sees a popup menu associated
to the cell with those different values and he selects one of them.

It is simple, but I did not manage to create it. Anyone knows
how to do it ?

Many thanks in advance.

Pedro
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
- create a list of your valid entries somethere on your worksheet
- select your cell and goto 'Data - Validation'
- choose 'List' and select the range which stores your valid entries

for more info have a look at

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

Pedro wrote:
Hello!

I am trying to configure a Excel cell to allow the user
to input only a set of valid values.

For example, the cell should contains only RED, YELLOW and BLUE.
I would like that the end user sees a popup menu associated
to the cell with those different values and he selects one of them.

It is simple, but I did not manage to create it. Anyone knows
how to do it ?

Many thanks in advance.

Pedro

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pedro,

You need Data Validation (Off the Data menu), and select the List option.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Pedro" wrote in message
om...
Hello!

I am trying to configure a Excel cell to allow the user
to input only a set of valid values.

For example, the cell should contains only RED, YELLOW and BLUE.
I would like that the end user sees a popup menu associated
to the cell with those different values and he selects one of them.

It is simple, but I did not manage to create it. Anyone knows
how to do it ?

Many thanks in advance.

Pedro

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming