Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locking down columns

Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'd like to add some code to
"ThisWorkbook" in M/Soft Excel Objects. What I'd like is for the code
to stop any inserting or deleting of columns.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Yes, I've tried using protection. My problem with that, is that it als
locks down row controls (inserting and deleting). I would like t
retain this piece of functionality. So the only protection I nee
(apart from protecting the VBA) is controlling what users do with th
columns.

Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I could possible use workbook protection, if I can modify this piece o
code to work:

'set validation for Advisor
With ActiveSheet.Cells(myRow, Advisor).Validation
.Add Type:=xlValidateList, Formula1:="=Advisor"
End With

That code works when protection isn't off, but doesn't when it is on.

Any help on this would be gratefully received.

Cheers