Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Ron Helped Once Can you do it again?

Hi Tom and Pikus

Just thought you would like to know the Project is now complete, YEAH! Here is how I did it. Will not know for sure if it works until next week when I have the new set of data. If time permits I will make up some dummy sheets to test it further

x = Sheets.Coun
y = x -
For z = y To
pal = pal + Sheets(z).Range("f16").Valu
Sheets("Totals").Range("B6").Value = pa
Next

Thank you for your hel

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I put in a sheet named start, a sheet named end, I added to sheets between
these in the tab order, put 100 in B9 in each sheet. When to a summary
sheet that was not between start and end and pasted in the formula form the
email

=SUM(Start:End!B9)

it immediately displayed 200.

Do you have calculation turned on. Did you follow the simple instructions.
Everyone else seems to be able to get 3D formulas to work with sum.

Too bad.

Tom Ogilvy

"Hambone" wrote in message
Hi Tom and Pikus,

Just thought you would like to know the Project is now complete, YEAH!

Here is how I did it. Will not know for sure if it works until next week
when I have the new set of data. If time permits I will make up some dummy
sheets to test it further.

x = Sheets.Count
y = x - 8
For z = y To x
pal = pal + Sheets(z).Range("f16").Value
Sheets("Totals").Range("B6").Value = pal
Next z

Thank you for your help

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom

The Formula (Start:End!B9) works fine if they are added once the data is brought in. However, having these sheets (Start and End) present before the data is to transfer blocks the data from transferring. Why this happens I don't Know. But as soon as I take those two sheets out everything works fine. I guess I didn't follow the simple instructions after all

Thanks for your help anyway,