Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to run when file is created from a template

Excel 2002: I want to display a series of dialog boxes
when a new file is created from a template, but not have
the dialog boxes display for subsequent file opens. In
Word you name the macro AutoNew to do this, but Excel
only seems to have Auto_Open, which opens every time the
file is reopened. I have a workaround that requires the
user to click a button that bypasses the dialog boxes. Is
there a way to get the file to "remember" that it has
already run the macro and doesn't need to run it again?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim
AFAIK you have to put a value in the sheet. Then
if A1 = Y
exit sub
end if

You could hide the column as well