Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using the Excel TEXT function within a VBA program

Despite the fact that I am using a French version of Excel
2000, the Excel "Text" function, expects its format
parameters in English and returns a result in English when
used within a VBA 6 instruction.
This is frustrating when dealing with month or day names.
For instance, an instruction such as :
Application.Text(38000,"mmmm aaaa")
returns "january aaaa" instead of "janvier 2004".

I have checked the "International" properties of the
Application. They seem to be set properly :
Daycode is set to "j" (stands for "jour" or day in French)
Yearcode is set to "a" (stands for "année" or year in
French)

Thank 's for help