Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Import some data

I have 2 excel documents.
In the both documentc I have a stock no, but in document no. 2 I MANY.

How do I import a collum (price) from document 2 with only the stock no. in document 1 and place the price on the same row as the stock no.

Please someone lead me in the right direction.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

assume the list is in Sheet2 with stocknumbers in column A and price in
column B

Assume the single stock number is in C5 of Sheet1. In D5 of sheet1 put in a
formula like

=Vlookup(C5,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$200,2,False)

or if C5 could be blank

=If(C5="","",Vlookup(C5,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$200,2,False ))

Tom Ogilvy