Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pasting into Filtered Lists (Visible cells only)

Hi

I'm using a filtered list and need to paste a variety of values into the filtered/visible cells only.

For example, I have a filtered list showing all the cars that are made by BMW, and I would like to copy and paste value "BMW" into a new column for the filtered/visible rows

As you know, merely pasting or paste-special will paste the BMW into all the hidden rows in between as well, and I need to get around that

Many thanks for your help in advance

SuperJas.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the data range for the column where you want the values

do Edit=goto = special and select Visible cells

type BMW in the formula bar

hit Ctrl+enter rather than just enter.

Tom Ogilvy