Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deactive Activate Workbook Events - Add Menu

Hi

I have a workbook which uses the activate/deactivate workbook events
to add an extra option to the excel right-click pop-up menu. I wish
the user to have this option available for all of the worksheets in
the workbook, and that they can rename the worksheets. I only want
this extra option available in this particular workbook.

Using the workbook activate deactive events works fine and
accomplishes this, however at times the extra option remains in the
right-click pop-up menu. When it has happened and the workbook is open
with another workbook, the other workbook can take advantage of the
extra option.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I would of thought that
the activate/deactivate events would create a closed enviroment for
the pop-up menu, but there appears to be some flaws with it.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Open a new workbook and put in simple activate and deactivate events with
just a msgbox with the procedure name.
Then perform the actions you would perform in terms of switching between
workbooks and so forth. See if you can discover a situation that doesn't
fire the events as you would expect.

Tom Ogilvy

om...