Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pastespecial on a worksheet question

I'm looking for help with pastespecial. On worksheet
("RI") there is a function that coverts number 2200.00 to
two thousand two hundred dollars.

I want to copy the info on worksheet ("RI") and
pastespecial on worksheet ("C"). Here is the code I
tried:

Sheets("RI").Select
Range("B8").Select
Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select
Selection.Copy

Sheets("C").Select
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues,
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= False, Transpose:=False

I get an error at this point. I also tried this:

Sheets("C").Select
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.paste

Cells.select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
_ SkipBlanks:= False, Transpose:=False

However, after Activesheet.Paste, the macro immediately
jumps to the function code and begins stepping through
that. I was trying to avoid going through the function
code again because I want to use these fields in a mail
merge and I need to have the values and not the function.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.