Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default pastespecial

Hello,
I am pasting data to cells using
Selection.PasteSpecial
Using this I can only paste to another cell once. Using the clipboard
viewer, I noticed that after the first paste the clipboard is cleared,
preventing additional pastes.
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
bill q

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

and no I am not pasting into part of the copied range
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Are you pasting into part of the copied range or otherwise altering it.
This will clear the clipboard. If I don't alter the source range, I can
paste special multiple times.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"billQ" wrote in message
Hello,
I am pasting data to cells using
Selection.PasteSpecial
Using this I can only paste to another cell once. Using the clipboard
viewer, I noticed that after the first paste the clipboard is cleared,
preventing additional pastes.
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
bill q

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thank-you very much
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
The code that unprotects the sheet causes the clipboard to be cleared for
me. It copied fine, but I couldn't paste even once (xl2000 - recognize

you
are using xl2002). If I commented out the protect/unprotect code, it

worked
repeatedly for me.

If I ran it like this:

Sub CopyHours()
ActiveCell.Copy
End Sub

Sub PasteHours()
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
End Sub

Sub setprotect()
ActiveSheet.Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True
End Sub

It worked fine. I protect the sheet with the UserInterfaceOnly:=true

setting
and I didn't need to unprotect in the Pastehours macro - so the clipboard
didn't get cleared. You would need to set this each time the workbook is
opened.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy