Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel95 Floppy Save problem

I have been using this macro to save to a floppy in Excel 95 for some years
very successfully.
Now I am running Excel2000 and the floppy seems to run and run but not save.
Any ideas
Help appreciated
Jim

Sub SavetoFloppy() 'Saves to floppy only
Dim CurPath As String
CurPath = "c:\msoffice\excel\mats\Takings"

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
If MsgBox("Put a Floppy Disk in Drive A" & Chr(13) _
& "and then press OK", 49, "Masons Arms - Save to Floppy") _
= vbCancel Then Exit Sub

On Error Resume Next

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

ChDrive "A"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "A:\" & ActiveWorkbook.Name
ChDrive Left(CurPath, 1)
If Err Then
MsgBox "There is a problem with this Transfer, Try again", 49, "Masons
Arms - WARNING"
Exit Sub
Else
MsgBox "Wait until Green Light has gone out" & Chr(13) _
& "Press OK and then remove Disk", 64, "Masons Arms - Transfer Finished"
On Error GoTo 0
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom
This macro is part of a highly customised Excel package which is virtually
idiot
proof for a third party user ie a publican!! The programme is been updated
to Excel
2000 soon.
Hence the need to backup and save to a floppy, as well as saving to the hard
drive. The hard drive copy still works fine, it is only the macro for saving
to the floppy
below which is causing a problem.
I didn't put the full picture in the 1st mail in the interests of brevity!
Any thoughts on macro below?
Regards
Jim

Jim wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You said it isn't working. If it used to work, then there isn't anything
wrong with the code.

I suggested an approach. If that isn't satisfactory, then I don't know what
to tell you.

this is the working part of the macro:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "A:\" & ActiveWorkbook.Name

What would you change. The rest is just sizzle.

Tom Ogilvy

. ..

Jim wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom
Thanks for your reply. I know the changes from 95 to 97 where mainly
Toolbars becoming CommandBars etc which I have dealt with, but I wondered if
ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs had become redundant code.
Will have to dig deeper, maybe a machine problem.
Many thanks for your help
Jim

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
You said it isn't working. If it used to work, then there isn't anything
wrong with the code.

I suggested an approach. If that isn't satisfactory, then I don't know

what
to tell you.

this is the working part of the macro:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveCopyAs "A:\" & ActiveWorkbook.Name

What would you change. The rest is just sizzle.

Tom Ogilvy

. ..