Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default No Charts will refresh in a Workbook

I have an application that has many charts on many sheets. I have
just discovered that in 2 versions of this workbook none of the charts
will refresh when I change the Source Data.
In other versions of exactly the same application the refreshing works
just fine.
Is there something at the workbook evel that turns off chart
refreshing?
Your help will be most appreciated.
Regards,
Ric Payne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe the source data got changed accidentaly. (if you highlight the
formula and hit F9, then enter, it becomes hardcoded as the values, rather
than a range, as an example).

Tom Ogilvy

"Ric Payne" wrote in message
om...
I have an application that has many charts on many sheets. I have
just discovered that in 2 versions of this workbook none of the charts
will refresh when I change the Source Data.
In other versions of exactly the same application the refreshing works
just fine.
Is there something at the workbook evel that turns off chart
refreshing?
Your help will be most appreciated.
Regards,
Ric Payne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your response Tom.
However, i don't believe this is the problem because every single chart
in the workbook is unresponsive to any change in the underlying data.
It is only happening in this workbook.
When i run a copy of the same workbook it's fine. In a new instance of
Excel it's also fine.
It has to be something to do with this workbook that seems to be turning
off the Charts.
I'm at a loss and getting to desparation stage.

Regards,
Ric