Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Login Help!!!

Hi

Well I want make a login page in excel where in excel you click logi
and it goes into a account (when connected to the net), does whateve
in the account you want it to do and then logs out and does this ever
hour.

Is it possible for this to be done in excel? if so, how? or is there
website telling me how?

I wanted to make this for a coursework I am doing, I think it would b
impressive and I heard it can be done.

Please help me.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no standard for providing a username and password in a URL. Excel
provides a programming language that can access the Windows API - so if what
you want can be done in code, then there is a good chance you can program it
in Excel although that may not be the best choice. Your vague description
of going into an account could mean almost anything. If you are doing this
for coursework, remember the objective of the course is to gain some
knowledge and pass the course. Rather than try to be impressive, select a
topic you know something about and have some resources available and pursue
those. I can tell you that a well written writeup applied to a simple
project will gain you a lot more than working to the wee hours of the
morning with some elaborate idea and then running out of time to get your
presentation together. Simply saying, "there it is" will not evoke awe and
admiration.

Tom Ogilvy

TMO wrote in message
Hi

Well I want make a login page in excel where in excel you click login
and it goes into a account (when connected to the net), does whatever
in the account you want it to do and then logs out and does this every
hour.

Is it possible for this to be done in excel? if so, how? or is there a
website telling me how?

I wanted to make this for a coursework I am doing, I think it would be
impressive and I heard it can be done.

Please help me.

Thanks.

---

Login Userform Moh New Users to Excel 4 February 15th 12 10:39 AM
SQL Server Login Ronald Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 14 December 2nd 08 11:27 AM
Login Box help Bill Lunney Excel Programming 0 August 20th 03 11:45 AM
Login Screen Jay[_10_] Excel Programming 1 August 18th 03 09:28 AM
Login Box Tom Ogilvy Excel Programming 0 August 8th 03 01:42 PM