Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to highlight cell match todays date

I have a column of cells with the dates of this month. I would like to have
the excel sheet to highlight (make cell fill black with yellow text) the
cell that equals the today date each time the document is opened. All other
cells in that column range would be just no cell fill and black text. So
basically, I would like it to highlight the what the current date is.

I have no clue on how this can be done, but sure there is a way.

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
~Jeff~
[Windows NT 4.0, SP 6, Office 2000]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I have a column of cells with the dates of this month. I would like to

have
the excel sheet to highlight (make cell fill black with yellow text) the
cell that equals the today date each time the document is opened. All

other

use "Format/Conditional formatting" on the cells with "formula" is =today().

best regards

arno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

~Jeff~ wrote:
I have a column of cells with the dates of this month. I would like
to have the excel sheet to highlight (make cell fill black with
yellow text) the cell that equals the today date each time the
document is opened. All other cells in that column range would be
just no cell fill and black text. So basically, I would like it to
highlight the what the current date is.

I have no clue on how this can be done, but sure there is a way.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Jeff
select your cells and goto 'Conditional format'. enter the following
formula
=A1=TODAY() and choose your format
Assumption A1 is the top left cell of your selection

HTH
Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry,

the formula should be

=a1=today()

where you higligted eg. A1:A10. Make sure you use correct references (no
$A$1 etc.).

best regards

arno