Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activeworkbook.Saved

I am trying to use the activeworkbook.saved = true method
to inhibit the user being prompted to save a workbook that
has had no material changes to it (i.e. ignore changes
such as updating comboboxes etc. that the user does not
see or care about).

This property seems to be reset however prior to the
workbook being closed, and I cannot find the what is doing
this (presumably it is internal to the application), or
how to work around.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jack
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jack

In the codemodule for ThisWorkbook you make this

ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
End Sub

Cheers,
Flemming

"Jack Clift" wrote in message
I am trying to use the activeworkbook.saved = true method
to inhibit the user being prompted to save a workbook that
has had no material changes to it (i.e. ignore changes
such as updating comboboxes etc. that the user does not
see or care about).

This property seems to be reset however prior to the
workbook being closed, and I cannot find the what is doing
this (presumably it is internal to the application), or
how to work around.

Any ideas?

Regards

Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Otherwise use this code
Workbooks("yourfilename.xls").Close savechanges:=False
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

While this does work, it doesn't suit my application as
I am trying to inhibit the save changes prompt for only a
certain set of changes (i.e. changes to controls) but do
prompt for save changes for any other modifications. The
suggestion below cannot be used to differentiate between
these two circumstances.

Basically the route cause of my problem is something is
internally setting the .saved property to false even after
I have immediately prior set it to true. I need to
determine what this is and how to stop it / work around
it. Any ideas?

Workbooks("yourfilename.xls").Close savechanges:=False
.