Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default xp shell command using vba

Hi Everyone

I want to kill windows xp process tree for a particular
process using VBA Shell Command.

Detail Description: I am using code to produce PDF's and
due to come reason my memory is blocking and the printing
stops saying that "server threw an exception", with some
R&D I figured that Acrobat Process in Windows XP Task
Manager if exceeds 100,000K the acrobat is not able to
print Pdf's.

Can anyone used/seen any code to kill the process tree
for a particular process.(I know that i need to use the
Shell commands but never used one)

Please help me in writing the code .... thanks inadvance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the Windows XP Resource Kit (i believe there is one for XP?) there should
be a process kill command line tool. If not, there are plenty on the web.
Use the Shell command to execute.

If you need VBA to wait until the Shell has finished, then do a Google
search for ShellWait.

Oddly enough, you might be able to find an API solution to process killing
by looking at examples that are related to ShellWait.