Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default running one macro from within another

I have a rather large workbook and have one worksheet designed as a "data
entry form" and is used a the entry vehicle for another worksheet which is
my data source for a mail merge database.

I have approximately 55 entry fields in the "data entry form" and they are
broken down into several subareas. Example: Corporate information, Sole
Proprietorship information, Partnership information, subpoena information,
employee information and a couple more. I use a macro that I recorded in
"record macro" to select the unprotected cells for data entry into each of
the different subcategories. Sole Proprietorship requires different
information than the others.

The object of this is to have several cells selected and highlighted to
allow using the tab key to tab between the selected cells instead of row by
row for the entire sheet.

When the worksheet opens, I have all the editable cells change to a light
blue. I recorded this macro myself via the record feature.

I want to have the individual selections, enter sole prop info, enter
corporate, enter partnership info etc, select the appropriate cells that I
can tab through and color them a yellow. I know how to record the macro to
select the various cells and change them to the yellow color, but I also
must have it change the cells back to blue BEFORE it changes the cells
to yellow. The reason for this is to only have the entry cells as the off
color cells for each of the required data entry.

I am unable to get the macro recorder to follow me with the selecting of all
the cells and changing the colors and then selecting and chaging again. I'm
at a loss and hope I've given enrough information for someone.
thanks I am using Excell 200 and 2003
Bob Reynolds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

I'm not really following your logic in this step:
select the various cells and change them to the yellow color, but I

also
must have it change the cells back to blue BEFORE it changes the

cells
to yellow.

If you end up at yellow, why would they ever need to be blue... or am
I missing a step in there?

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Bob Reynolds" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know it sounds strange. The goal (my bosses) is to have all cells lt
blue on open of workbook. He wants all cells that I'm going to select
for entry, wherever they are highlighted in yellow, to enable the user
to see what and where entry will be made.

Next set of data to be entered will have a lot of blue background with
yellow from the previous portion selected. He wants the color blue back
to all cells except the now selected entry cells.

His mindset says this will show immediately where the entry cells are
and make it easier for all.

This worksheet isn't printed and the changing of cell colors are
strictly for cosmetics and "ease of use" for the Field Investigator that
uses this workbook.

My thought was to run the existing macro that makes all cells blue upon
opening the workbook and running it in front of the new macro for the
selection of the highlighted new cells. The existing macro works upon
opening and I have no idea and can't find anything that shows me how to
activate that macro in front of any of the other ones.

Thanks for your help
Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

Do you know the macro's name and where it resides? If it is the
workbook open event (in the ThisWorkbook object's codemodule), then
you can move the code to another macro and call it from both the open
event as well as from your macro. If it is another macro already,
then you can simply call it, which an be as easy as just typing in the
macro name on its own line:

Sub Macro1()
Macro2
MsgBox "Goodbye"
End Sub

Sub Macro2()
MsgBox "Hi"
End Sub

Running Macro1 will first run Macro2.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The one simple little entry did exactly what I wanted. Thanks so much. I
couldn't find that anywhere but now that you've help I'll probably come
across it everywhere.
Bob