Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need vb to automatically download from https website

Hello,

Excel 2000, Windows 2000, Internet Explorer 6.0

I need to use vb to automatically (no user interface) download files from a
secure (https) website. The main problem is I always get the pop-up that
requires someone to enter a password. I can resolve this by using "send
keys" but that isn't a robust solution. Does anyone have sample code that
will do this?

I need to:
1) Log in to a pre-determined web page
2) Download a file (or maybe just save the page as a text file)
3) Logout or just close the connection

Your help as always is surely appreciated

dave