Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Changing www links in spreadsheets

Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the right forum but anyway here is the query.

I have a spreadsheet with a large table where each cell contains a www link
like this; http:/blah../blah.../State/blah.html
and I will have as many such spreadsheets as there are States (about 7 or
8).

All of these link cells also happen to contain a date formula with indirect
addressing referring to other sheets in the same workbook so that each cell
looks like a date, eg. 27-Jan-04 and it is underlined to indicate that it is
a link. I do not use the hyperlink function since I cannot have that as well
as the date function at the same time (I think). Currently I insert the
links via the hyperlink dialog box.

Now, is there a way to read the State string from a cell somewhere instead
of changing each link manually for each spreadsheet via the dialog box.

I hope this makes sense and
Thanks for any tips,

Milos.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Milos

I think you can use the HYPERLINK function. It has an address argument and
a friendly name argument. It seems like you could use a formula for each of
those arguments to get what you want.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel