Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sum accross sheets

Hello
I know that as a worksheet function I can sum a cell on each sheet using
=Sum(Sheet1!D4,Sheet2!D4) etc...

However, programmatically, it's bound to be unnecessary.
Im creating a summary sheet where it summarizes each month's value from a
particular cell (all cells across the sheets are the same cell).

EX: In each sheet (Named January to December), in Cell B4:D4 I have values.
Range B4:B10 have values, C4:C10 have values, D4:D10 have values (on all
sheets).

On my summary sheet, I need to sum all the B4's into 1 cell, All the C4's in
1 cell etc etc etc.

In essence: Sum(January:December!B4) in Cell B4 on the summary sheet,
Sum(January:December!C4) etc etc.

How can I do this?

Thank you so much
Terry V

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Terry,

Just put the formula in B4, drag and copy down to B10, and then drag and
copy across to D10.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Terry VanDuzee" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Terry

exactly as you describe:

=SUM(Sheet2:Sheet13!C3)

=SUM(January:December!C3)

Type in =SUM(
Select the first sheet (January)
Shift and select the last sheet (December)
Select the cell
close the bracket
press enter

Drag across/down, whatever.

Regards

Trevor

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

rotflmao - In essence, EXACTLY as you have surmised except you missed the = sign
:-)

=SUM(January:December!B4)

Then just copy the cell and paste across the range you want the formulas in.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03

[...]

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming that sheets Jan - Dec are sheets 1 - 12 and that your total
will be on sheet 13:

For x = 2 To 4
For y = 4 To 10
For z = 1 To 12
num1 = num1 + Worksheets(z).Cells(x, y).Value
Next z
Worksheets(13).Cells(x, y).Value = num1
num1 = 0
Next y