Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Customizing pivot table with macro

I created a pivot table in Excel 2000 on a Windows NT4.0 environment.
Unless what happens in a pivot table, I want all values to show in the table.
This are the data :
Column 1 Column 2
A 1
A 2
B 1
B 2
B 2
B 3

The result in the table is a summary which displays one A and one B.
I want it to be displayed the way it is in the data.
I know it is possible with a VBA macro, but I'm just a newbie in VBA.
I really don't know where to start, so I'd appreciate any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why do you need a Pivot Table then ? it is used to summarize data, which is
not what you're trying to do...

How's your data currently defined ?

Regards,

Juan Pablo González

"Stevie" wrote in message
m...
I created a pivot table in Excel 2000 on a Windows NT4.0 environment.
Unless what happens in a pivot table, I want all values to show in the

table.
This are the data :
Column 1 Column 2
A 1
A 2
B 1
B 2
B 2
B 3

The result in the table is a summary which displays one A and one B.
I want it to be displayed the way it is in the data.
I know it is possible with a VBA macro, but I'm just a newbie in VBA.
I really don't know where to start, so I'd appreciate any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Silly question, but seeing as the data needs to be in that kind of format in
order to use the Pivot table, what is the point of the Pivot table just to try
and give you what you already have. A pivot table is used to summarise data,
exactly as you have found out. If you just want the table as is then use the
table as is and don't put it in a Pivot table.

What is it you are trying to achieve that you don't already have?

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03

"Stevie" wrote in message
m...
I created a pivot table in Excel 2000 on a Windows NT4.0 environment.
Unless what happens in a pivot table, I want all values to show in the table.
This are the data :
Column 1 Column 2
A 1
A 2
B 1
B 2
B 2
B 3

The result in the table is a summary which displays one A and one B.
I want it to be displayed the way it is in the data.
I know it is possible with a VBA macro, but I'm just a newbie in VBA.
I really don't know where to start, so I'd appreciate any help.

---