Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default CheckBox Event

I got a number of checkboxs on a sheet. They all come from the control
tool box. I need to identify when anyone of these check boxs wer
clicked with out actually writing code to every check box. An event i
you will. I need this event to trigger some other code. Can anyone hel
me, I'm kinda new at this. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Go into design mode (the green-blue triangle on the controls toolbar) and
then double-click the checkbox. This will take you into the VBIDE with a
skeleton event macro where you can add your code.

Don't forget to come out of design mode at the end.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"devin " wrote in message
I got a number of checkboxs on a sheet. They all come from the controls
tool box. I need to identify when anyone of these check boxs were
clicked with out actually writing code to every check box. An event if
you will. I need this event to trigger some other code. Can anyone help
me, I'm kinda new at this. Thanks!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use this technique documented by John Walkenbach.

Handle Multiple UserForm Buttons With One Subroutine

although the example is done for commandbuttons, it is equally applicable to
any control on the control toolbox toolbar and may be employed for controls
on a userform or worksheet.

Tom Ogilvy