Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Old Macros in Excel 2002

I work at a help desk and we're in the process of moving our users from
Office 97 to Office XP. We're having some trouble with some of the
macros not working in Excel XP.

For example, one file opens in Excel 97 and immediately pops up a menu
box produced from the macro, which is what it's supposed to do. I open
the same file in Office XP and it doesn't pop up the box, which is
needed for the particular file to function as it was designed. And the
macro does not show up in the macros list, so I can't edit it or look
at the VBA code.

The problem is reproducable on a number of machines running Windows XP
Pro and Windows 2000 Pro. It happens when logged in as a number of
different users, so I don't think it has anything to do with
personal.xls. Macro security is set to medium, and macros are then
enabled when the file is opened.

Any help would be appreciated.

---