Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help - How do I reset usedrange in excel 2000

From my web searches I have found there is a lot of talk about this problem,
but I have never found a real solution (i.e. do SOMETHING to make the
usedrange actually work). The solution that seemed to work in previous
releases was to run something like activesheet.usedrange but that does not
work in excel 2000. Some have suggested that closing and saving a file
resets the used range, but I have not seen that to be true either.

Does anyone have a REAL solution. I am not interested in functions that find
a range that has data in it - I can write that easily. The only solution
I'm interested in is once that allows me to use usedrange "properly".

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the first thing you have to do is Delete the entire empty rows and empty
columns that are included in the UsedRange.

Then
Activesheet.usedrange

executed in code will reset it (and I haven't had a problem in xl2000)

or saving the workbook will reset it.

Rows("200:65536").EntireRow.Delete
Columns("Z:IV").EntireColumn.Delete
Activesheet.UsedRange