Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 97 - Cannot delete custom toolbar from file

I am having problems trying to delete a custom toolbar
from my excel file. It should be a simple matter of
deleting the toolbar from within the customise box, but
this does not work. When I re-open the file the toolbar is
created again.

I have tried deleting the toolbar from the workspace
instead of the file, but this does not work either

There is no VBA code in the file that relates to
manipulating any toolbars. This toolbar is also not
created by an add-in, it is a toolbar that was created by
a user of the excel file.

How can I get rid of this customised toolbar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sounds as though the bar is attached to the file.

To remove it, from the menu
View Toolbars Customize : Click on "Attach"
You should see at least one entry in the "Toolbars in workbook" list: click
on it and then click on "Delete".
Save your workbook, close it, reopen it, and the toolbar should have gone
forever.

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins

"Mike O" wrote in message
I am having problems trying to delete a custom toolbar
from my excel file. It should be a simple matter of
deleting the toolbar from within the customise box, but
this does not work. When I re-open the file the toolbar is
created again.

I have tried deleting the toolbar from the workspace
instead of the file, but this does not work either

There is no VBA code in the file that relates to
manipulating any toolbars. This toolbar is also not
created by an add-in, it is a toolbar that was created by
a user of the excel file.

How can I get rid of this customised toolbar?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. It worked.

The problem was that I was deleting the toolbar directly
from the main menu instead of using the "attach" button

.