Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Flashing Text

Is it possible to make text flash within cells? I mean only the tex
itself, not the cell fill color

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:08:28 -0600, ExcelMonkey
wrote:

Is it possible to make text flash within cells? I mean only the text
itself, not the cell fill color.

No, thank the gods. At least not up until XL2002; I haven't tried 2003
yet, but I hope that that's not a new "feature" in that version. The
effects in Word are quite painful enough.

(Technically you COULD do it using VBA, but you'd have to have the
procedure running constantly which would mean that you couldn't do
anything else with the sheet.)

Hank Scorpio
- Yes, yes, I know I've been missing for a while. Long story. And don't
ask what the size of my inbox is at the moment either... 8^
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Hank!

You and many others will be relieved to know that blinking text was
not one of the new features in Excel 2003.

And welcome back!

Hi ExcelMonkey!

Here's one posting you could go to:

http://tinyurl.com/2mhey

But if anyone asks, don't tell them I helped you.
--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

available free to good homes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes there is a way however the user would have to wait while the flashing
routine runs. This flashes the Text in Range A1.

Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)
Sub FlashText()
Dim Cnt As Byte, FontColor, Rng As Range
Set Rng = Range("A1")
FontColor = Rng.Font.Color
For Cnt = 1 To 3
Rng.Font.Color = Rng.Interior.Color
Sleep 300
Rng.Font.Color = FontColor
Sleep 300
Next Cnt

Rocky McKinley

"ExcelMonkey " wrote in message
Is it possible to make text flash within cells? I mean only the text
itself, not the cell fill color.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:43:28 +1100, "Norman Harker"
wrote:

Hi Hank!

You and many others will be relieved to know that blinking text was
not one of the new features in Excel 2003.

Whew...

And welcome back!

Aw gee, thanks. I could never REALLY leave you guys... 8^

Hi ExcelMonkey!

Here's one posting you could go to:

http://tinyurl.com/2mhey

But if anyone asks, don't tell them I helped you.

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From what I can see, you have set up a For Next Loop and then controlled
its looping speed with the "Sleep 300". It looks as thought you have
an API call as well. Can you explain in detail what is happening
here?

P.S. It works great!

---