Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default moving data between excel and access

I currently have code written that moves data from Excel
to Access by 1st deleting all the data in the Access and
replacing with the data in Excel. However, my code only
clears the data, and the empty record ("row") is still
showing. Can I completely remove the record?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Q. Can I completely remove the record?

A. Not without compacting the database.

Sub CompactDatabaseX()
Dim dbsNorthwind As Database
' Make sure there isn't already a file with the
' name of the compacted database.
If Dir("NwindKorean.mdb") < "" Then _
Kill "NwindKorean.mdb"
' This statement creates a compact version of the
' Northwind database that uses a Korean language
' collating order.
DBEngine.CompactDatabase "Northwind.mdb", _
"NwindKorean.mdb", dbLangKorean

Marty

.