Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JBP JBP is offline

Default Extracting Excel data and uploading to access

Hello All,

I am really new to this...
I have an excel spreadsheet that I am capturing time in
eg:

Resource Name: XXX XXX
Manager Name: XXX XXX

ProjectID WorkType Mon Tues etc
1234 Proj Man 2.5 5
1478 Proj Co 5 2

The above is the template. Now in the spreadsheet there
are different workbooks eg: Jan 5-9Jan12-16

What kind of macro can I run to extract this data and
place it into an Access Table?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This might be a help for getting data to and from Excel and Access: It
includes examples of using variables in SQL queries.
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sql.html

Or you can get there from the "Excel with Access Databases" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

It demonstrates how to use SQL in Excel's VBA to:

* create a database,
* create a table and add data to it,
* select data from a table,
* delete a table,
* delete a database.

DAO and ADO files available.

You can also download the demonstration file called "excelsql.zip".

The code is open and commented.

--
Regards
Andy Wiggins