Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default can we hide #N/A display because of VLOOKUP

How can we hide displaying "#N/A" false indicator becasue of the normal
function of VLOOKUP formula in a cell without disturbing its operation?.

My formula stands like this at Sheet1!A1:
=VLOOKUP(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE)

and when Sheet1!A1 is empty naturally I get a "#N/A" display.
I want NO error messages displayed when the cell is empty.
Can anyone comment?
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Zoom!

Try:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE)),"",VLOOKU P(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FA
LSE))

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

available free to good homes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can write a custom function, which calls VLookup itself with the
parameter you gave and check if it returns the "N/A".

The syntax is as follows :

Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(....)

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The idea of Norman is not bad for a quick solution..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Zoom,

A number of way

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE)),"",VLOOKU P(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE))

will catch #N/A

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE)),"",VLO OKUP(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE
))

will catch any error, or if you just want to test A1

=IF(A1="","",VLOOKUP(A1;Sheet2!A:C;2;FALSE))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips