Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default isolate macros

I have a excel file and in it a series of Macros. Let's call it
main.xls

Right now I run a form that executes all the macros from that file.
(main.xls)

The file is used by someone else who enters data to it daily. so when
I need to modify the macro I have to merge my changes with the file he
is modifying.

this is becoming a problem since I plan on making many other
modifications in the newar future

what would be the best way to seperate the two?

I could have a seperate file (call this one execute.xls) with all the
macros and launch my form from that new file. So if I need to modify
any macro I don't need the updated main.xls file.

is there a better way?

another option that came to mind is to make a small app in VB..how easy
would it be to make it an app that could execute the macros and modify
the xls files??

any help here would be great

thanks

Pabs

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Pabs

It's very difficult to modify and update your macros, if they're in a
shared workbook. There's a very useful method, which is called
"Add-In". All you have to do is, put your makros in a worksheet and
save it to a shared path as an Add-In. After that, install the Add-In
both on the machines. That's all.

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

how can you call a macro from another worksheet once it has been
installed as an add-in?

---